June 15, 2010

Birthday Girl

This cute thing had a birthday (cough, on April 5th, cough) and I let her completely plan her own party. She saw an owl party in a magazine and was sold. Now I'm not sure if you've ever had an owl party...ok, yes I am. You haven't had one. But might I suggest not to do one. Ever. Seriously, what do you do for an owl party?



So first we had to find an owl. I tried to make a few, but they weren't cuttin' it. So when Walmart came out with all their Easter stuff they used an cute little owl in their advertising. I loved it. I needed it. I took a picture of it. I copied it exactly. I'll probably end up going to jail for it. But its cute.

So I asked Brynlie what the heck we were going to do, and her first request was to have everyone trace and color their bodies.

Then she wanted everyone to get their face painted.

And did you see this? Yeah. I made it. By myself. And it was huge. And it only fell over once after all the frosting was on. Now, I'm used to cooking delicacies such as SpaghettiO's and hot dogs, so this was a stretch for me. 


Check out the balance of that cupcake. Amazing, I know. I have skills. Marimom just close your eyes.

Then we played pin the beak on the Owl to tie in the whole owl theme. As if face painting and tracing 5 year olds wasn't owl-y enough.

And now for Brynlie's 5 year old questionnaire. I really did ask these questions to Brynlie on her birthday. I'm just several months behind on updating things here.
  • How old are you? 5



    • your Mom? 16 
    • your Dad? 17 
    • Kelson? 2 1/2 
    • Dane? 1 


  • What makes you happy? "When you play with me." 
  • What makes you sad? "When Kelson hits me." 
  • When do you laugh? "When Hayden and Kelson does funny stuff."
  • When do you cry? "When you brush my hair." 
  •  What is something mom always says to you? "Clean your room"



    • and your Dad? "I love you Brynlie."


  • What is your favorite thing to eat? "Spaghetti noodles." 
  • What is your favorite thing to do? "Play with you and play house."
  • What is your favorite TV show? "Curious George" 
  • What is your favorite story in the scriptures? "About Noah." 
  • What are you really good at? "Playing nice with friends."
  • What is your favorite movie? "Monsters vs. Aliens" 
  • What does your mom do for her job? "You don't go to work? Maybe type stuff?"



    • and your Dad? "Teaches spanish to kids" 


  • Who is your best friend? "Connor and Anne" 
  • What's your favorite primary song? "A long time ago in a far away place" 
  • What do you like to do with Kelson? "Eat Popsicles on the deck and play house"
  • What do you and your mom do together? "Color sometimes."



    • Dad?? "Wrestle"


  • Where is your favorite place to go? "Burger King with Grandpa" 
  • How do you know your Mom and Dad love you? "Cause I'm smart." 
  • What do you want to be when you grow up? "Kindergarten teacher"

We love you sweet girl. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

2 comments:

  1. She is the cutest thing ever Julie! I love how you do the birthday questionnaire. She is the spunkiest, sweetest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is SO cute. I love the answers she gives, and I think her owl party looked pretty good. Love the cake!

    ReplyDelete