June 16, 2010

Remember that one time I blogged?

You are in store for a treat today. The longest Mac-update post is about to take place. Brace yourself.
Alright lets start with Jeremy.
Jeremy got a new phone.

What? You didn't know that? Then you must not have talked to him in the last 6 months, cause he has a little bit of an obsession. Just a little bit. He is a happy camper and it brings great joy to his digital soul.
Nothing is better in life then a happy husband with access to millions of apps. And the ability to skype your wife from the bathroom. Ewwww, I'm kidding. Jeremy would never do such a thing...

Thanks to modern technology we can now tell where to get the cheapest gas, create a scrapbook page, digitally flip a coin, calculate shopping lists, watch episodes of The Office and track menstral cycles all from the comfort of our couch. Amazing isn't it?

On another fun note, Jeremy is switching things up at school next year. He will be teaching 5th grade half the day and doing Tech stuff the other half of the day. He's super excited. We are the Geek Squad.
Due to his awesome nerd skills, Twitter has rocked Jeremy's world lately. He's made a ton of other friends in education all over the world and occasionally Skypes with other classes in different states. When I was in 4th grade I had a pen pal in North Carolina. It took 3 weeks to get a response mailed to me. That sucked. Skype wins.

As for me... I've actually just been obsessed with new actions for photoshop.
Look at these before and afters. I know mom. You're amazed. Just scroll past this part.


Ok I'll stop! Alright, one more. Then I'm good.



As for this girl. I don't know where she came from.

She is all kinds of crazy. Bryn is absolutely dying to go to Kindergarten. She loves to play house, read and have dance parties. Last week Jeremy took the boys out and Bryn and I had a girls night, which included facials, manicures, pedicures, cookies, popcorn and Hannah Montana mixed with a little Alvin and the Chipmunks soundtrack.
I asked Brynlie to smile. This is what I get.

Then without further instruction, she began doing an impromptu photo shoot. This went on for quiet some time. I have no explanation.


 Kelson thinks he's hilarious, loves to play with legos and unfortunately gets a tummy ache the second its time to clean. He will not fall asleep unless he has his baseball hat on and his Book of Mormon in bed with him.

 Lately he's kind of obsessed with Batman and Ironman. Our Borders had a superhero/Fancy Nancy day, so of course the kids had to dress up. I anticipated taking pictures of the kids and all the super heros that were there. I did not anticipate our entire town being there. It was so crowded I couldn't stand back far enough to take pictures of the kids.

Daner Doo is stinking cute. For real. He loves to be held all day, which normally would be hard, but he insists on smooshing his cheek up to yours when he's being held. I could do that all day. And sometimes I do.
Dane likes to dance, destroy everything he shouldn't, wrestle and give some seriously slobbery kisses. He's finally starting to say a few more words and wants to be outside 90% of the day.

Dane had to get tubes in his ears last month. We waited at the hospital for 2 and 1/2 hours. The surgery seriously took less then 3 minutes. The doctor was pumping kids in and out of the OR like crazy. I used to babysit for the doctor when I was younger. I should have charged more.

 Did I mention what my mom got Dane for his birthday? She asked what he would want and I told her that Dane loves balls. She decided to get him 200 balls and put them in a blow up swimming pool. I decided to leave them at her house. She didn't agree.
The dreaded present has turned into the most requested family game ever. We sit around and throw balls at the kids while they run around the house. It's some serious family entertainment. If you kiss my kids too hard they turn red. So you should see them when we're done. Its things like this that bring us closer.

11 comments:

  1. That is too funny -- April and I used to joke and by joke I mean harass eachother and threaten to get eachothers kids a ball pit with 500 balls just to torture eachother! Lila hearts balls too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring her on over Rachel. She and Dane can continue their make-out session in the ball pit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a long dry spell! But you made up for it - loved all the pics and dialog. I'll want copies of some of them - OK? See you all soon. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew that checking in daily would finally pay off. And Pay off it did!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for a new post. I love reading your blog, your life seems very entertaining. Okay throwing balls for your kids to run after and get sounds like the best game!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! i totally remember you from SITS :) your family is adorable!! and oh lady, my hubs has the droid phone and they are practically inseparable..lol...boys and their toys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the ball pit idea! My little guy loves balls too... In fact, besides "Mom" and "Dad" that was his first word! I am glad you are having fun with them. How long does it take you to pick them all up and return them to the pit? That would be my headache. Have you ever climbed into bed at night and found a few balls hidden under the covers???

    Totally understand the Jeremy's addiction to the phone. That is exactly how Jason is with his iPhone. I go to sleep at night to the soft glow of the iPhone coming from the other side of the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzy you should totally get him a ball pit! He'll love it! It takes a little while to pick them up and we always have a few hiding around the house. We usually turn it into a game for Brynlie and Kelson so they race to pick them up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the coolest family ever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marimom6/20/2010

    Yep...well worth waiting for!! Brynlie seriously cracks me up, she is so much like her daddy!! So glad Daners is doing fine after "tube" surgery....didn't even know he'd had that. And my smiley Kelson....just want to eat him up! It was so wonderful to have you all here for a few days. Miss you so much...could really get used to having you around ALL the time. Love you sooooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marimom6/20/2010

    Yep...well worth waiting for!! Brynlie seriously cracks me up, she is so much like her daddy!! So glad Daners is doing fine after "tube" surgery....didn't even know he'd had that. And my smiley Kelson....just want to eat him up! It was so wonderful to have you all here for a few days. Miss you so much...could really get used to having you around ALL the time. Love you sooooo much!!

    ReplyDelete